<$BlogRSDUrl$>
D I M E N S Y O N
Darating ka ba? Maghihintay ako.... Hindi ako kailanman mapapagod. Hinding hindi.

TOP 10 AMERICAN IDOL FINALISTS

Wednesday, January 16, 2008



Idol airs its seventh season today! (Palakpakan idol fanatics!) Since I'll have a class later, I'll miss the season premiere of my favorite talent show. (I'm actually thinking if I'll skip my class.. Hmmmm..)



I started watching Idol when two Filipinas from Hawaii (right, Jasmine and Camille) got into the competition. So that was the third season with Fantasia winning the title. From then on, I became an ultra-mega-super-galactic fan of idol! This is one show that makes me go home early (very positive idol effect!), and cancel appointments and even academic works (not sure if this is still positive, hehe).


This brand new season, we've got to see new faces, new singers, new dancers, actors, comedians, and talents that will surely drive us crazy. I wish this season will give us a very good set of finalists, unlike season 6 which was a disappointment. And yeah, I also wanna see a Filipina battling for the crown! (Actually, I prefer a girl for more competition and more biritan, haha. Pero sana rocker na Pinay para maiba. Hehe.)
So there, I think this “top list” edition is very timely. (Haha. Mabuhay ang segway!) Note lang, these contestants are from seasons 3 to 6, since I wasn't able to watch the first two.


10. Melissa McGhee (5)- This girl has a very very beautiful voice! Sad she was the first one to get the boot during the finals. (Idol fans, tama naman di ba, finals na yung labanan ng top 12? Oo, tama. Hehe.)







Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Top 16- What About Love, Top 12- Lately (Stevie Wonder’s week) where she messed up with the lyrics


9. Gina Glocksen (6)- Compared with other female contestants from season 6, Gina's vocal prowess is weaker. I was not rooting for her at the start of the competition but after singing "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders, wow, sya na ang bet ko. Sadly, the week after that, she was voted off.






Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Top 9- I’ll Stand By You


8. Anwar Robinson (4)- This guy gave me goosebumps in his first two performances during the semifinals. I actually thought he would make it to the top four, atleast, but his last performance was not good. It was a wrong choice of song. "September" is a no no for idol. Pero kahit na, Anwar was way way better than three of the finalists who made it to the top 6: Anthony Fedorov, Scott Savol, and the ever pacute na si Constantine Maroulis.





Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Moon River and What AWonderful World, both during the semifinals



7. Fantasia Barrino (3)- Oh well, magaling talaga si Fantasia and she really deserved to win Idol 3. Para sa’kin, she gave the best performances by a female idol contestant. Her final performance with the original idol song “I Believe” (Ryan Seacrest: “composed by Tamyra Gray!” Haha. For sure makakarelate ang mga nakanuod.) is the most heartfelt and magical performance in idol history.






Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Top 8- Summertime,AI3 Finale- I Believe


6. Taylor Hicks(5)- Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Maybe producers were quite disappointed by his record sales after winning AI5, but I still believe Taylor Hicks, among all idol winners is the most likeable. If they picked the right songs for his album, he could have gone very far. He is so soulful, and when he sings, you see the passion, you see his love for music. Kahit ano pa sabihin ng iba, mataas ang respesto ko kay Taylor bilang musician





Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): AI5 Finale- Do IMake You Proud, Top 4-In the Ghetto



5. Paris Bennett(5)- For me, Paris had the best audition in AI history. Kinilabutan talaga ko sa kanya especially yung second song. Surprise factor pa yung speaking voice nya, anliit-liit, then nung kumanta, huwat???? Is that you?! I think she was the best female vocalist in season 5. I wanted her and Elliot to be the final two but unfortunately..







Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Semifinals- Wind Beneath My Wings, Top 10- Work It Out, Audition


4. Vonzell Solomon(4)- Vonzell was super underrated throughout the competition. She was very consistent in terms of giving great performances but Simon was not that impressed, probably because his bet was Carrie. Haha. Pero favorite judge ko pa din si Simon. Haha. Siguro kulang lang sa superstar quality si Vonzell, kasi kung andun na yun, knock-out si Carrie. Gusto ko din si Carrie pero after idol na. I must say, magagaling talaga ang mga black when it comes to singing, at isa na dun si Vonzell.




Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Top 5- When You Tell Me That You Love Me, Top 10- I Have Nothing, Top 7- I’m Every Woman



3. Jasmine Trias(3)- Pinoy pride! Syempre, I was rooting for Jasmine during the competition, Pinay e! Although I must admit hindi ganun kalaki ang range ni Jasmine and choosing right songs for her, I think is a hard work. Parang ganito sya e: When she gives good performance, magaling talaga, pag hindi naman, palpak. Like nung kinanta nya yung Inseparable, she was great singing that song, pero yung iba, pumapalya talaga sya sa notes. But then again, I love her and making it to the top three is one great achievement.






Most Memorable Song(s) and performance(s): Semifinals-Run To You, Top 12-Inseparable, Top7- I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again


2. Camille Velasco(3)- The other Pinay who made it to the finals, Camille was another underrated contestant. If we talk about musicality and style, patok si Camille. I love her voice, nakakainlove! Tas nagstick pa sya sa style nya kahit anong song kantahin. Ang galing nya talaga. Mas magaling sya kay Jasmine, especially sa record. Sobrang ganda at kakahalina lang ng boses nya. Ang ganda ganda nya pa!






Most memorable song(s) and performance(s): Actually, lahat memorable! Style Camille kasi lahat. Lahat ng performances nya paborito ko.
Audition, Semifinals-One Last Cry, Top12-Son of A Preacherman, Top11-Desperado, Top10-For Once In My Life, Top9-Yellow Brick Road



1.ELLIOT YAMIN(5)- Ang pinakamamahal na Idol finalist ng mga Pinoy, Elliot! Yeah, I am a certified Yaminian/Yaminoy! At super dami ng umiyak when he was eliminated before the finale! But still, Elliot is my American, Philippine and world idol! When he came to the Philippines, hindi ko pinalagpas. May autograph nya ko at may picture kaming dalawa! He is my music icon at sana saniban ako ng boses nya!





Most memorable song(s) and performance(s):
Semifinals-Moody’s Mood For Love,
Top12-Knock Me Off My Feet, Top11-Teach Me Tonight, Top 10-I Don’t Wanna Be, Top9- If Tomorrow Never Comes, Top8-Somebody to Love, Top7-It Had To Be You, Top6-A Song For You, Top5-On Broadway, Home, Top4-If I Can Dream, Trouble, Top3-Open Arms, What You Don’t Do For Love, I Believe To My Soul

2:56 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Jayson :: permalink